Conference Location & Transport
The Borders and Crossings Conference will take place on the Brijuni Islands which are part of the Brijuni National Park. Conference will take place from September 13th till September 16th 2018.
Location of the Conference - Hotel Neptun-Istra, Brijuni Islands
Conference participants are advised to book their accommodation on the Brijuni Islands.
Transfer from the Pula airport to Fažana (the terminal for the frequent boat connections to the Brijuni Islands) will be available.
There are 2 main hotels on the Veli Brijun Island:
- Hotel Istra-Neptun:
- Istra part of the hotel is the only renovated part; all rooms are with WiFi.
- Neptun part of the hotel is non-renovated; rooms do not have WiFi.
- Hotel Karmen is non renovated hotel, situated just next to the Istra-Neptun hotel. Rooms do not have WiFi. There is no reception desk or restaurant at Karmen hotel; reception desk and restaurant services for all Karmen guests are at Istra-Neptun hotel.
Special Bed&breakfast Rates for Conference Participants
- double superior room Istra (2 persons) =995,00HRK / approx. 135€ daily
- double superior room Istra „single use“ = 746,25HRK / approx. 100€ daily
- double standard room Istra (2 persons) =825,00HRK / approx. 112€ daily
- double standard room Istra „single use“ = 618,75HRK / approx. 84€ daily
- double room Neptun (2 persons) =655,00HRK / approx. 89€ daily
- double room Neptun „single use“= 491,25HRK / approx. 66€ daily
- suite Neptun (2 persons) = 1.225,00HRK / approx. 166€ daily
- suite Neptun „single use“ = 918,75HRK / approx. 124€ daily
- single room = 255,00HRK / approx. 35€ daily
- double room (2 persons) = 425,00HRK / approx. 58€ daily
- double room „single use“ = 318,75HRK / approx. 43€ daily
- Sojourn tax = 8,00HRK / approx. 1,10€ per person daily
- Dinner supplement = 115,00HRK / approx. 16€ per meal
Getting to Pula/Brijuni Islands
The nearest airport is Pula Airport. Pula Airport has good connections from the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
Arriving to Brijuni Islands
Transfer to the Brijuni Islands is from Fažana (mainland) with the national park boat according to the boat time table on www.np-brijuni.hr – hotel guests are free of charge. In case of late arrival or early departure of your flight Brijuni will organize speed boat transfers for hotel guests free of charge.
Conference participants are advised to book their accommodation till June 15th 2018. After that date we are not able to guarantee availability and special accommodation rates.
Please note that in case of accommodation outside of Brijuni, on the mainland, you will have to pay boat ticket for each transfer to Brijuni = 30,00HRK /approx. 4€
FOR ACCOMMODATION BOOKING ON BRIJUNI PLEASE CONTACT MRS LORETA BONETA ON
- email@example.com, tel: +385(0)52 525 575.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT BRIJUNI PLEASE VISIT
Alternative budget accommodation for students: the AMFORA Hostel in Fažana with six double and eight 4-bed rooms, as well as one 8-bed and one 10-bed dorm for 15 EUR/person/night. All interested colleagues (PhD students, unemployed etc) can contact directly the hostel on:
More info: www.hostelamfora.com
Boat transfers Fažana-Brijuni-Fažana
Conference participants with hotel reservation in one of hotels on the Brijuni Islands do not need to pay for boat transfers Fažana-Brijuni-Fažana and do not need to additionaly book the boat. Conference participants who will be accommodated on the mainland will be able to purchase a boat ticket Fažana-Brijuni-Fažana at a reduced rate = 30,00HRK/approx. 4€.
Boat tickets are to be purchased at the Brijuni's National Park Agency in Fažana. In order to be able to purchase the reduced boat ticket all participants have to be announced by the conference organizer.
Due to that we kindly ask all the participants who are accommodated outside of Brijuni (i.e. on the mainland) to inform us about it so that we can announce them.
All those who will not be announced in order to transfer to Brijuni Island, will have to purchase the regular National Park´s entrance ticket = 200,00HRK/approx. 27€.
Conference Venue and Transfer
The Borders and Crossings Travel Writing Conference 2018 will be held on the Brijuni Islands which are part of the Brijuni National Park. It will take place from 13th to 16th September 2018 in the Congress Centre of the Neptun-Istra hotel.
The participants are advised to book their accommodation on the Veli Brijuni Island or in Fažana.
The transfer from the Pula airport to Fažana (the terminal for the frequent boat connections to the Brijuni Islands) will be available.There are shuttle transfers available for most flights (5-6 EUR):
Special transfers for 6-8 persons (price 200 HRK=27 EUR) can be booked too:
The transfer to the Brijuni National Park is available from Fažana (mainland) by the National Park boat according to the time table on www.np-brijuni.hr/en/boat_transfer - the hotel guests are free of charge. In case of late arrival or early departure of your flight the Brijuni NP will organize speed boat transfers for the hotel guests free of charge.
There is also a regular bus connection from the Pula Bus Station to Fažana.
The conference fee includes, besides the conference materials and excursions, three lunches (in the Neptun hotel), the refreshments during breaks and the conference dinner in Pula.
Excursions and tours
The participants are invited to join the walking tour of the Brijuni Islands on 13th September, from 10 to 13 hours.
On 15th September afternoon, following the boat trip from the Brijuni Islands, the Pula walking tour will be organized for the registered participants, along with the conference dinner.
The post-conference excursion, 'Istria-tour' on 16th September, will include a guided visit to the historic cities of Rovinj and Poreč with an optional lunch.